Government Employees need to pass the Civil Service Eligibility Exam in order to have a regualr position in Government depending on their Position's Qualifications.
The CSC Exam is not easy and difficult at the same time. The results you will get really depend on how well you have prepared yourself. Be mentally, physically, and psychologically prepared to make sure you get the most out of what you are about to do. Think positively but do not expect that everything will go your way; just prepare yourself and you will be shocked and merry about the results of your exam.
Tips on Passing the CSC Exam
- General ability tests cover grammar and correct usage, vocabulary, reading comprehension, analogy, logic, paragraph organization, and numerical reasoning. These will be taken for three hours and it is the professional level examination so you should cover 70% of your review in these fields.
- The two-hour long exam which is the sub-professional one, covers the same areas mentioned above except for analogy and logic. In this category, spelling and clerical operations are included as well so be sure to study that.
- Practice MATH and ENGLISH. Familiarize yourself with the concepts of basic mathematics and basic Algebra. If you are planning to take the next CSC Exam, then you should start practicing the two now in order for it to be just muscle memory when the big day is coming in front of you.
- Ask previous examiners about the test and ask them tips because if it directly came from them, then you have a higher chance of passing because another person who passed the same exam you are about to take is the one you will talk to.
- Practice and review ahead of time to avoid cramming. Be sure to know important lessons by heart.
- Do not cram or review on the last day before the exam. It is better and best if you relax or rest your mind before the big day. You can refresh yourself by going on through things but do not stress and start reviewing on the last day before the exam.
- Prepare a pencil, ballpen, sharpener, and eraser on the day of the exam. Make sure to be at your assigned school on or before 7:00 AM because the gates close at 7:30 AM.
- If you come across a hard question and you noticed you already burnt more than 5 minutes on it, skip it and come back afterwards. Doing this enables you to free your mind from stress; answer questions where you’re 100% sure first because you will need the extra ample time to think about the harder ones.
- Pray but work. Prayers aren’t answered if you yourself aren’t.