- Post-inflammatory hypopigmentation – they may appear like poorly defined white spots with irregular outlines. It may sometimes follow inflammatory skin reactions such as thermal burns and discoid lupus and may also appear after a laser therapy. You should apply slices of fresh ginger to the white patches, hold it in place with a bandage and let it seep into the skin overnight. The remedy may take you up to six months, but it will be worth.
- Eczema – this is a common skin condition which is manifested as an itchy rash and can be red and inflamed, rough, and scaly, or oozy and crusty. It may result in white scars. Try with exfoliation and in case your skin reacts well, you can make a scrub with honey and crystalized sugar
- Lichen sclerosis – it starts as smooth and shiny white spots which later develop into bigger patches of thin and crinkled skin. The condition appears among post-menstrual women and can be caused due to hormone changes or overactive immune system. Borax powder will help in treating the issue, just add 1 tbsp. of the powder with 1 tbsp. of baking soda into the bath and soak the body for at least 20 minutes.
- Pityriasis Alba – this is common in children and I manifested through uneven rounds of patches on the upper trunk, upper arms, and the face after exposure to sun. They are dry and have sine scales. Moisturize the patches with a lotion each day, and again after showering and swimming. Buttermilk, olive oil, or coconut oil are the best.
- Idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis (IGH) – it is manifested through white spots on the shins, shaped like a tear and are smooth. They sometimes can be scaly and are most common in fair-skinned women above the age of 40 and are inevitable part of the aging process. Always use sun protection even in the cloudy days.
- Vitiligo – I is a disorder where the immune system attacks the cells which make the pigment, responsible for the skin color. Smooth and white patches around your mouth and eyes or on the back of your hands signifies you have vitiligo. People who have Addison’s disease, thyroid disease, diabetes, or pernicious anemia are likely to have vitiligo. The turmeric and mustard oil paste are a great option. Mix 5 tsp of turmeric and 250 ml of mustard oil, and apply it on the affected spots 2 times a day.
source: healthy tips world