Country First!!: Pres.Duterte Cancels Brunei Trip Due to Davao Incident!

STAFF 4:25 PM

SPONSORED LINKS
President Rodrigo Duterte has decided to cancel his trip to Brunei, hours after a deadly explosion in Davao City.


"The Brunei trip is cancelled," said Communications Secretary Martin Andanar on Saturday, September 3, in a text message to media.

Andanar said Duterte was supposed to depart for Brunei at 4 pm Saturday. He was scheduled to be in Brunei until September 5.

The Philippine Embassy in Brunei sent out a message to the media saying Duterte's visit is "postponed."

On Friday night, Andanar had already told the media that the President wished to cancel one or some of his upcoming foreign trips in the aftermath of the night market explosion.

But Andanar had said Duterte eventually decided to go with the trips.

So far, there is no official word on whether or not the Laos and Indonesia trips have been cancelled as well.

But Duterte, in an ambush interview, said, "I am going to the ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) Summit."

The President is expected to attend the summit to be held in Laos from September 6 to 8. He is then scheduled to fly to Indonesia where he will stay from September 8 to 9.


Loading...

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »