Phlegm contains the bacteria, virus or inflammatory cells produced in response to an infection. In addition to infections such as the common cold, flu and bronchitis, phlegm can be caused by an allergic reaction to irritants such as in asthma and hay fever, damaged vocal cords, and excessive smoking.
Dealing with phlegm can be incredibly frustrating and seemingly never ending. But there are effective, natural home remedies that work quickly and without causing side effects.
-Six to seven pieces of ginger;
-One tsp. of black peppercorns;
-One tbs. of honey;
-Two cups of water
1.Boil the water in a pan
2. add the ginger chunks
3. Add the black peppercorns and cover the pan with a lid.
4. Let it boil for a minute then, switch to lower for 5-7 minutes.
5. You will notice that the color will change from pale to yellow.
6. For a stronger taste, add more ginger and simmer it for fifteen to twenty minutes or more.
7.Strain it in a cup and add the honey.
8.Consume the tea in small sips.
9. Drink two to three times each day to get rid of your phlegm.
-One tbs. of turmeric;
-quarter tsp. of salt;
-One glass of warm water
1. Mix the turmeric in a glass of warm water
2. Add the salt
3. Mix it very well and gargle with a small amount.
4. Repeat this process three to four times per day to loosen the mucus and reduce phlegm.
SOURCE: JUST NATURAL REMEDIES